Featured Posts

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Women's soccer can be more brutal than men's





It was the Mountain West Conference Women's Soccer Tournament semifinals between BYU and New Mexico in United States. I understand tough games bring out emotions but vicious ponytail pulling was way too over. Don't miss the actions (video):



Kicking, tackles, punching - you name it, the New Mexico women's soccer defender Elizabeth Lambert has it. Pulling BYU forward Kassidy Shumway's hair to the ground is my favourite. :-p

Elizabeth Lambert has been suspended from practices and matches announced by The New Mexico coach, Kit Vela. Lambert also apologized for her actions, saying she was "deeply and wholeheartedly regretful."

"I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions and accept any punishment felt necessary," Lambert said. "This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am. I am sorry to my coaches and teammates for any and all damages I have brought upon them.

"I am especially sorry to BYU and the BYU women's soccer players that were personally affected by my actions. I have the utmost respect for the BYU women's soccer program and its players."
blog comments powered by Disqus