Featured Posts

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thierry Henry almost quit France after handball controversy





France captain Thierry Henry admits he considered quitting international football following the handball incident.

He told French sports daily L’Equipe:

"Yes, I asked myself the question."

"Without the support of my family, I perhaps would not have made the same decision."

"But I will always fight to the end - even if what just happened will be
engraved. You can always forgive but you cannot always forget."

He added: "Despite everything that has happened, the fact of feeling abandoned, I do not let go of (playing for) my country."

"After the game, and even for the next two days, I felt alone, truly alone. It was only after I sent my statement that people from the French federation appeared."

Henry also said he regretted the way he had celebrated the controversial:

"I should not have done it,"

"But frankly, it was uncontrollable. After all that had happened... yes, I regret it. That's why right after I spoke with the Irish one by one"

Poor Henry. We know he is an honest player. Try to think what will you do during the game if you were in his shoe. The referee and assistant referees should be blamed on as well - okay, referees are human being also and make mistakes.

The person should be blame are FIFA president Sepp Blatter and UEFA president Michel Platini that why don't use technology on football match.
blog comments powered by Disqus